Series of My Unfortunate Life Choices: Episode 3

Hola mi gente! On today’s episode of series of my unfortunate we will be speaking over the time where I watched the movie Woman in Black with my cousin in Mexico. Every time I visit Mexico, my cousin (we will call her Amy).Amy and I are really close and our tradition is to spend one night watching scary movies. We have completed 2 movies out of 100 horror movies.

So this happened when I was around 14 years old, and she was around 16 years old. She called me asking if I wanted to come over to watch a movie and stay for the night. Of course, I said yes because I never get to see Amy, and I wanted to spend a bunch of time while I was in Mexico.

Once I was at her house, I placed my bag in her room. Always, when we watch our movies, we always head to the closest corner store. We head out the door and once we arrive we grab 4 packs of chip,2 sodas, and 2 bags of popcorn with hot sauce poured on top of it.( trust me, hot sauce on popcorn tastes like heaven). We got home and we got all of out snacks ready, it is time to watch the movie that would keep me up for 5 days.

We decided to watch the movie, The Woman in Black, starring Daniel Radcliffe. The movie was about a recently widowed man who moved to a town, founds out the ugly,terrifying secret the town was hiding. Throughout the movie, our faces were covered the most of the time. We would jump every time there was a scare. The only time we uncovered our faces is the time the woman in black would appear. 

So once the horrendous movie was over,whenever we saw movement at the corner of our eye, we would get scared so bad. We never that we could not sleep at night but we kept pushing that thought out of our heads.

As we saw the sun going down, we started to get “ready” for bed. Once we said goodnight to my tia and younger cousins. My cousin and I would embark on a 12 hour night of holding eachother and praying to Jesus so the woman in black would not kill us.

Evey hour we would look att each other and sit up in bed and pray quickly to Jesus and then try to go to sleep. It was an endless cycle. If we heard anything such as a cough or a car passing by we would almost pee ourselves. This cycle would continue for the next five days and the onky place where we would feel safe was in a church.